Functions of National Road Safety Board
Thu, 7 Oct 2021
Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways notified to set up a “National Road Safety Board” recently.
Board will perform the following functions:
- Board will be responsible for the promotion of road safety, innovation, and adoption of new technology.
- It will also regulate traffic and motor vehicles.
- To regulate traffic & motor vehicles, Board will formulate:
- Specific standards for traffic management, road safety, and road construction in hilly regions.
- Guidelines for capacity building and development of skills for highway authorities, traffic police, hospital authorities, educational & research organizations, etc.
- Guidelines to establish and operate trauma facilities and para-medical facilities.
- Board will also provide technical advice and assistance to Central, State, and local authorities on road safety & traffic management.