Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021: Highlights
Nov 21, 2021, 19:50 IST
The government notified “Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021” on October 22, 2021, for incorporating provisions related to nominal one-time compensation.
- The rules also seek to incorporate “uniform procedure for establishing overground telegraph line in Indian Telegraph Right of Way Rules, 2016”.
- Rules have also fixed the amount of one-time compensation for establishing an overground telegraph line will at a maximum of Rs 1,000 per km.
- Documentation for Right of Ways (RoW) application for overground telegraph lines has also been made simple.
- Earlier, RoW Rules were only covering underground optical fiber cable (OFC) and mobile towers.
- As per notification, there will not be any other fee other than administrative fee and restoration charges to establish, maintain, repair, work, repair, shift or transfer the underground and overground telegraph infrastructure.
- New rules have a provision of strengthening e-governance and financial inclusion. It seeks to bring in ease of doing businesses. It will also fulfill the information & communication needs of citizens & enterprises