Main Objectives of the Industrial Disputes Act,1947
The Industrial Disputes Act is to secure industrial peace and harmony by providing machinery and procedure for the investigation and settlement of industrial disputes by negotiations.
Following are the objectives of the Industrial Disputes Act:
1. promotion of measures for securing amity and good relations between employer and workmen
2. Investigation and settlement of industrial disputes
3. Prevention of illegal strikes and lock-outs
5. Relief to workmen in the matter of lay-off, retrenchment, and closure of an undertaking
6. Promotion of Collective Bargaining