Indian Laws That People Generally Don't Know About
There are several laws in India that people generally may not be aware of. Here are some examples:
- According to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 at the time of driving if your 100ml blood contains more than 30mg of alcohol, then the police can take action against you.
- The Model Code of Conduct for Elections is a set of guidelines that political parties and candidates must follow during elections. For example, they cannot include any activity which may be construed as bribing voters, using government resources for election campaigning, etc.
- The Indian Constitution provides several rights to the people to protect their fundamental rights , but unfortunately, most people are not aware of them.
- Soil Health Cards are issued to farmers, which provide information on the particular soil quality for that piece of land and recommendations on the appropriate cropping system, soil amendments, and farming practices, but many farmers may not know how to improve the condition of their soil.
- Consensual medical treatment is required to be informed with the term "prior informed consent" generally barring some specific cases of emergency.
Overall , it is important for citizens to be aware of the laws that govern their lives and their rights under the Indian Constitution.