How to Obtain a Liquor License in India: Procedure and Cost
The procedure and cost to obtain a liquor license in India varies from state to state. However, the general process is as follows:
Determine the Type of License: There are different types of liquor licenses available in India, depending on the type of liquor you want to serve or sell. The most common types of licenses are:
- FL1: Wholesale license for foreign liquor
- FL2: Retail license for foreign liquor
- FL3: Restaurant license for foreign liquor
- FL4: Club license for foreign liquor
- CL1: Wholesale license for country liquor
- CL2: Retail license for country liquor
- CL3: Restaurant license for country liquor
Obtain the Required Documents: The specific documents required will vary depending on the type of license you are applying for. However, some common documents include:
- Application form: The application form can be downloaded from the website of the state excise department.
- Identity proof: This could include a passport, driver's license, or Aadhaar card.
- Address proof: This could include a utility bill, lease agreement, or voter ID card.
- NOC from the fire department: This is a No Objection Certificate from the local fire department certifying that your premises comply with fire safety regulations.
- NOC from the municipal corporation: This is a No Objection Certificate from the local municipal corporation certifying that your premises comply with zoning regulations.
- Layout plan of the premises: This is a detailed plan of your premises showing the location of the bar,seating area, and storage facilities.
- Duly filled application form: This is the application form that you have downloaded from the website of the state excise department.
Submit the Application: Submit the application form and all required documents to the concerned excise office.
Inspection: The excise department will inspect your premises to ensure that they comply with all regulations.
Grant of License: If everything is in order, the excise department will grant you a liquor license.
Cost of a Liquor License: The cost of a liquor license in India varies from state to state and from type of license to type of license. However, the general range is as follows:
- Temporary license: Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 10,000
- Club license: Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000
- Restaurant license: Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 100,000
- Wholesale license: Rs. 500,000 to Rs. 1,000,000
Please note that these are just estimates and the actual cost may vary. It is always best to contact the excise department in your state for the most up-to-date information.